Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Some thoughts on the BOE

The Board of Education is supposed to be comprised of dedicated people who care about education, are student focused, who review and discuss with fellow board members all available background information, and who ask the hard questions to ensure they are fully informed before they vote. Board members are also supposed to have a governance mindset - that means we share the community's aspirations for its public schools and empower the superintendent to make that happen. 

I believe it's important that the community have the utmost trust in its Board of Education and that all board members uphold a high level of ethics and decorum. I am invested in the success of Hillsborough's public schools as a parent, resident and taxpayer. I curate my own learning and am committed to continuous improvement as a board member. I thank Hillsborough and Millstone residents for giving me the opportunity to serve our students these last 6 years, and I ask for your vote to allow me to continue this good work. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Thank you.