Friday, August 26, 2022

My opinion on endorsements

The Board of Education election is a nonpartisan race.

I can understand why various organizations might be interested in who is elected to the school board. I think it's great when those organizations invite candidates to respond to questionnaires and then share candidate responses with the public. This is a public service because voters can better understand a candidate in their own words.

However, I am uncomfortable seeking endorsements because I believe the public perception is that I will be somehow more favorable to that organization's position on an issue. For that reason, I have and will continue to decline organizational endorsement opportunities.

On the other hand, I do appreciate when individuals who support my re-election campaign share their reasons why with Hillsborough and Millstone friends and neighbors. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Thank you.